Friday, January 20, 2017

#Reviews2016: Books I Read In 2016

Books Reviews: 2016

As I have always said, I am not so much of a book reader. I'd rather watch a movie about a book than read the book itself.

Here is my book reviews from 2015 if you're interested; then check out the three books I read last year (please don't laugh);

Click on the titles to download the books.

1. Reader Magnets by Nick Stephenson
This is a simple ebook for bloggers, writers, authors, online marketers and writing entrepreneurs.
It has one main focus: to help us reach our readers without relying on "middle men".
In this book Nick mentions some specific ways to do this:
(a) Use of email in blogging and writing.
(b) The art of writing.
(c) Internet traffic and subscriptions.
(d) Websites and landing pages.
(e) Capturing and keeping readers.
Dave seeks to help us communicate better.
Some of the things he and J. Berg Esenwein address in this book are;
(a) Acquiring confidence before an audience.
(b) Overcoming monotony.
(c) Voice control: pitch, pace and inflection.
(d) Feedback.
(e) Fluency and preparation etc.
It is a great book for anyone interested in public speaking.

3. Preparing for Marriage: Help for Christian Couples by John Piper
We read this one with my girlfriend. It's a great short book.
it addresses the following;
(a) Questions to ask when preparing for marriage.
(b) Marriage as a revelation of the glory of God. (Actually, this is the central point of the whole book.)
(c) Sexual relations in marriage.
(d) Marriage, singleness and the Christian virtue of hospitality.


I have some other books I started reading especially books on relationships which some friends shared with me. I may share them soon with you guys. Anyways, that is all for now.

Stay blessed.


Bonface Morris.

No comments:

Post a Comment